Fabrication of the pilot’s furnace is finalised
The LEILAC pilot’s shell furnace has now been fabricated by Peruweld in Belgium. Therser, in the UK, is preparing the furnace’s interior.
Below we can see photos of the sections of the LEILAC pilot's furnace beinf fabricated:
- 1-3 Segments of the LEILAC pilot’s furnace being fabricated by PERUWELD in Belgium
The various parts being assembled by Therser for the furnace:
- The brick arrangement test, which surrounds each burner (overview).
- The brick arrangement test, which surrounds each burner (detail).
- Progress cutting the bricks for the burner penetrations.
- The assembled insulation modules, ready to be shipped to site.
- One of the combustion air manifolds for the furnace, completed and test assembled at the factory.